Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
We believe that it's important to learn simple cooking from an early age. This recipe is perfect for introducing baking to your children, plus you can have great fun decorating them with fruit, sweets or chocolate.
For the cakes:
100g caster Sugar
100g self-raising flour
100g softened butter, cubed
1 tsp LittlePod vanilla extract
For the icing:
200g softened butter
200g icing sugar
1 tsp LittlePod Vanilla Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Prepare a 12 hole baking tray using paper cupcake cases of your choice.
2. Cream together the sugar and softened butter in a bowl.
3. Sift the flour into the mix, then add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
4. Divide evenly into the tray of paper cases and pop in the oven for around 20 mins (or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.) Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Prepare the icing by mixing the butter, icing sugar and vanilla paste together.
6. When the cakes have cooled completely use a piping bag or simply a knife to top the cakes with the butter icing. Add extra decoration if you wish, then serve!