Being based in Devon, we are partial to a cream tea at LittlePod HQ. There's always much debate about whether it's cream or jam first; the Devonian method is cream first. We think it's delicious either way, but we do insist on a little vanilla in our scone mix for the very best flavour.
350g self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp. caster sugar
75ml butter milk
1 tsp LittlePod vanilla paste
1 medium egg
1. Heat the oven 220c/fan 200c/gas 7.
2. Tip the flour and salt into a bowl, add the butter and mix to make fine crumbs. Add the sugar and mix.
3. Slightly warm the milk, then stir in the buttermilk and Little Pod Vanilla Paste.
4. Make a well in the flour mix and add the liquid. Combine using a fork to bind the flour into a dough.
5. Pat the mixture into 4cm deep, then take a 5cm cutter, dip in flour to stop the mixture sticking and cut out the dough.
6. Brush the tops with 1 egg wash/small amount of milk and a small squirt of Vanilla Paste.
7. Place on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for 10mins or until golden and risen.