Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
This recipe is from chef, author and LittlePod friend, Manju Malhi. When she's in the UK she cooks Indian dishes; when she's in India, she cooks British food. She's a big fan of flavour, using all manner of spices in her cooking. She regularly uses LittlePod vanilla in both her sweet and savoury dishes and even shared two recipes for our vanilla cookbook.
75ml sunflower oil
125g full fat natural yogurt or flavour of your choice, such as cherry or raspberry
100g caster sugar (or 150g for a sweeter version)
2 free-range eggs
1 tsp LittlePod vanilla paste
4 drops almond extract (optional)
zest of 2 lemons or limes
210g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
150-200g blueberries, washed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line with baking parchment a 900g loaf tin (approximately 20cm in length)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, yoghurt, sugar, LittlePod vanilla paste, almond extract (if using), and the lemon zest.
4. In another bowl, stir together the plain flour and baking powder. Put the dry ingredients into the yoghurt mixture along with the blueberries and fold together. Try not to over mix the ingredients.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a small knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.