Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
White Chocolate & Ginger Cookies
On a mission to find the perfect cookie recipe, LittlePod friend and blogger, Fleur, tested out a vast array of recipes and flavour combinations before ultimately settling on this deliciously gooey yet crisp white chocolate & ginger combination, which she has kindly shared with us all!
150g light brown sugar
50g dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp little pod vanilla paste
1 tsp ground ginger
225g plain flour
3/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g white chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp chopped stem ginger
1tsp LittlePod vanilla paste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease two baking sheets. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy and pale.
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract/paste and beat until combined. Add the flour, ground ginger and bicarb to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together in a firm dough. Fold in the chocolate and stem ginger.
3. Form the dough into golf-ball sized balls and place on the baking sheets, leaving plenty of room for spreading.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies are just turning golden on the edges. They will still be very soft in the middle but will firm as they cool.
5. Remove the trays from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Or eat them warm, of course.